Saturday, September 20, 2014

Vienna: where Classic meets Modern (Vienna, Austria)

street-photography-Austria-Vienna-beautiful-twilight Vienna was the first of the three cities we visited during our Europe trip. It's a pretty city, but appeared to be more modernized than I had expected. We didn't do as much preparation as we would like to, so we pretty much planned our tour on the spot. It was a bit challenging in the beginning as German was a totally unfamiliar language to us. Even signs, instructions and menu. But we got around it pretty quickly and had fun going on the various city transportation: buses, trains, trams and underground lines with our passes to visit the wonderful architectures and famous tourist spots. And especially for me, I had the chance to do my street photography to my heart's content - except when I got too occupied and stayed at one place for too long, my boys would start nagging and pulled me away!

Best of all, I brought my new toy Fujifilm X100s along this time, without my bulky professional gears. I was hoping to look more like a regular tourist than a professional photographer, but I guess the way I took pictures kinda gave that away!

street-photography-Austria-Vienna-02 street-photography-Austria-Vienna-03Many constructions going around the city
street-photography-Austria-Vienna-04 street-photography-Austria-Vienna-05 street-photography-Austria-Vienna-06 street-photography-Austria-Vienna-07 street-photography-Austria-Vienna-08 street-photography-Austria-Vienna-09 street-photography-Austria-Vienna-10 street-photography-Austria-Vienna-11 street-photography-Austria-Vienna-12 street-photography-Austria-Vienna-13 street-photography-Austria-Vienna-14 street-photography-Austria-Vienna-15 street-photography-Austria-Vienna-16 street-photography-Austria-Vienna-17 street-photography-Austria-Vienna-18 street-photography-Austria-Vienna-19 street-photography-Austria-Vienna-20 street-photography-Austria-Vienna-21 street-photography-Austria-Vienna-22The Blue Danube river is much wider than I thought! This portion in Vienna looks nice, but the two sides of the river look a bit bare.
street-photography-Austria-Vienna-23 street-photography-Austria-Vienna-24 street-photography-Austria-Vienna-25 street-photography-Austria-Vienna-26 street-photography-Austria-Vienna-27 street-photography-Austria-Vienna-28 street-photography-Austria-Vienna-29 street-photography-Austria-Vienna-30 street-photography-Austria-Vienna-31 street-photography-Austria-Vienna-32 street-photography-Austria-Vienna-33 street-photography-Austria-Vienna-34This little guy actually performs really good! The quality of the pictures are very good, very crisp, and it is small and convenient to take around. I like it!

street-photography-Austria-Vienna-35

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Great photos! They really capture the energy of the city. That camera looks fantastic.